Welcome to Week Three of November One Four Challenge, created by Robyn of Captivate Me. Her idea is to take one of our own images and process it four different ways – sharing it over four weeks on our own blogs – one image per week. If you would like to join in the fun, please hop to her blog and read some more info.
Here it is, Week Three edit. I played some more with GIMP, learned few more things and failed to do what I intended at first. Good news – I know what I did wrong.
As you can see in the image above, my first step was to crop the image. After that, I used GIMP to remove those partial petals and the stem on the right. Once I managed to do that, I saved one regular image and one flipped image. My initial idea was to try to overlap those two images, but I couldn’t get what I had in my mind, managed to mess up something about transparency. So, I just put them together side by side, getting one stretched “mirror” image.
My next steps are seen above. I decreased brightness, increased shadows and contrast, getting that dark background and drawing the attention to the light on the petals. As you can see in that middle version, there were few patches of green left. So, I used air-brush to manually darken those patches. In the end I played some more with selective colors to get the specific shade of lilac.
And that’s it for this week’s edition of One Four Challenge.