Time for another entry in Friday Fictioneers challenge, courtesy of Rochelle Wissof-Fields. If you want to give it a try, check the info on her blog. 100 words more or less, here we go….
Copyright -B. W. Beacham
– Are we there yet?
– Almost there…I can see the masts ahead.
– God, I am so tired…I’ll just sit here for a minute.
– I can hear the dogs, we need to move. They’re catching up.
– Promise me something.
– You won’t add me to your burden of guilt.
– Don’t …please. We need to get to the boat, you are losing too much blood.
– Listen to me, this is where I make my last stand. Remember your promise.
– How can I leave you behind?
– Easy…just don’t turn around.
– I am sorry.
– I know. Run!
I don’t know if this story will reach anyone out there, but Springsteen’s music was the first thing that came to my mind after I saw this week’s photo and then this dialog just poured out….Cause, when the going gets tough, what else can you do except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair…